TuesdayMemo and EconMinute team up for a very Portland podcast. We bring together politics, economics, and a dose of common sense into the conversation about what’s happening in Oregon’s biggest city.
This episode, for the first week of August 2015, covers a wide range of topics:
- Greenpeace vs. Flugtag: The contrast between how officials treat protestors illegally blocking the Willamette River and how they treat those who jump through the hoops to get a permit. For a bonus, we learn what Portland Mayor Charlie Hales was doing while river was shut down.
- Then we talk about the mayor’s friends in high places. And some of the friends of City Hall.
Q: How do you know that Charlie Hales has met the Pope or President?
A: He won’t stop talking about it.
- We end with a chat about “Ban the Box.” What’s Ban the Box? Listen and find out!
Here’s how you can hear more:
- Listen on Podbean, the podcasting platform.
- The podcast is now available on iTunes. Please subscribe to make the most of your weekly Econ Minute.
For blogging on the Portland City Council scene, check out TuesdayMemo.
For a minute or so of economics, read the EconMinute blog.